School Learning Plan
International School of Beaverton
Established in 2006, the International School of Beaverton’s mission is to encourage students to learn through an international lens as thoughtful, compassionate world citizens. We actively embrace intellectual rigor, intercultural respect, service to our local and world communities, and the promise of a peaceful world.
ISB serves 897 sixth through twelfth grade students and is the home high school for 10 students attending Early College. Selected through a lottery process, our student population nearly reflects the diversity of the Beaverton School District. 48 languages in addition to English are spoken in our students’ homes, comprising nearly 47 percent of our student body. 67 percent of our students report their ethnicity as other than white. This diversity is valued by and enriches our school community.
ISB is unique as the only public school in Oregon to offer the full 6th-12th Grade continuum of International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme and the IB Diploma Programme. This education program is based on a standardized worldwide philosophy and curriculum. Global perspectives and critical thinking skills are emphasized and promoted throughout the curriculum. In addition, students are required to do individual research, to inquire into the theory and nature of knowledge, and to participate in community service and action projects. There are three significant IB Projects requiring independent research that ISB students complete:
With these results, we want to ensure that these benefits are being accorded to students in a way that is not predictable by race, ethnicity, or income. While ISB is already an incredibly diverse school, we want to make sure we have proportional representation of all student demographics including our ELL, SpEd, Latinx, African-American students, as well as students who are on Free and Reduced Lunch. We should be enrolling these students at the same proportions as they exist within the Beaverton School District and maintaining these excellent results.
Date of Last Revision: November 10, 2022
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.